I'm excited to introduce The Alice - Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail recipe. A tropical and creamy drink inspired by one of my favorite stories of all time, Alice in Wonderland! With hints of coconut, vanilla, and orange, it's a whimsical flavor combo that will transport you on a journey down the rabbit hole!
The Alice has two layers:
- A white layer of coconut rum, vanilla vodka, coconut milk, almond milk, and ice
- A blue layer of blue curacao and fresh orange juice
*The following section contains affiliate links. If you purchase something I might make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
Serve this Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail in a mushroom-shaped glass. It couldn’t be more Wonderland!
The white layer is creamy and dreamy. The blue layer is zesty and citrusy. They contrast each other beautifully.
But The Alice is more than just a cocktail recipe - it’s a tribute to the creativity and imagination that Alice in Wonderland inspires in all of us. It’s a reminder to embrace our inner child, to play, to dream, and to enjoy life’s simple pleasures.
I created The Alice as part of a collaboration with Disney and Travel blogger Kayla Freitas, also known as Travel Momoirs. She wanted me to create three Disney Princess Inspired Spring Time Cocktails and it was such a fun challenge for me to bring to life. If you’re not following Kayla yet on Instagram, YouTube, or TikTok you need to ASAP!
The Alice is a dreamy cocktail perfect for sipping on a warm springtime day. Hosting an Alice in Wonderland-themed party? You want this on your drinks menu! It adds the perfect touch of magic and whimsy to any garden party. The mushroom glasses are so cute I couldn’t resist using them to bring this cocktail to life. Be sure to snag them if you want to recreate the same aesthetic for your gathering.
If you’re looking for food to pair with it I highly recommend my Ultimate Sweet & Savory Cheeseboard, Low-Carb Apple Crisp, or this main course recipe for Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Bowls. You can also check out the other two cocktails The Mulan - Cherry Blossom Cocktail and The Rapunzel - Lavender Lemonade Cocktail.
- 📋 Gather Your Ingredients: What You'll Need to Make The Alice Cocktail
- 🥥 How to Make A Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail
- 🍊 Making The Alice Your Way: Substitution Ideas
- 📖 Shake Things Up With These Creative Variations of The Alice
- 🥂 Get Your Home Bar Ready With This Equipment List
- 💭 Top tip
- 🍄 Enjoy the Wonder and Magic of Alice in Wonderland with This Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail
- 🍰 Pairing
- The Alice - Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail
- Food safety
📋 Gather Your Ingredients: What You'll Need to Make The Alice Cocktail
To make The Alice - Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail, you will need the following ingredients:
- Coconut rum
- Vanilla vodka
- Coconut milk
- Almond milk
- Blue Curacao
- Fresh orange juice
- Mint sprig (for garnish)
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🥥 How to Make A Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail
Here are some tips and tricks on how to make the best coconut creamsicle cocktail ever:
- Use a high-speed blender: To ensure that your cocktail is smooth and creamy, it’s important to use a high-speed blender that can crush ice and blend all the ingredients together evenly.
- Chill your glass: Before pouring the cocktail into your glass, make sure to chill it in the freezer for a few minutes. This will keep your cocktail colder for longer and enhance the overall drinking experience.
- Use fresh orange juice: While you can use store-bought orange juice, using fresh orange juice will give your cocktail a brighter and more vibrant flavor.
- Avoid over-blending: While it’s important to blend the white layer ingredients until they’re smooth and creamy, be careful not to over-blend the blue layer. Just a few pulses in the blender should be enough to combine the blue curacao and orange juice without losing the layer separation.
Helpful Hint: If you want to make this cocktail more refreshing, you can use frozen coconut milk instead of regular coconut milk. This will make the drink colder and give it a slushy texture, perfect for hot summer days. Simply pour the frozen coconut milk into the blender and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency before adding the other ingredients. Enjoy!
🍊 Making The Alice Your Way: Substitution Ideas
While The Alice is a delightful as-is, sometimes you might not have all the ingredients on hand at home. Luckily, I have plenty of possible substitutions that you can use to make this cocktail your own. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Coconut rum - If you don’t have coconut rum, you can substitute it with regular rum or even vodka. For a non-alcoholic version, you can skip the rum altogether and add more coconut milk or almond milk.
- Vanilla vodka - You can substitute vanilla vodka with regular vodka or even a flavored vodka like whipped cream or cake. Just know that some flavored vodkas contain higher carbohydrates than others. Alternatively, you can add a splash of vanilla extract to regular vodka.
- Coconut milk and almond milk - If you’re allergic to nuts or simply don’t like the taste of almond milk, you can use all coconut milk or substitute it with other plant-based milk like soy milk, oat milk, or cashew milk.
- Blue curacao - If you don’t have blue curacao, you can substitute it with orange curacao or triple sec. Alternatively, you can use blue food coloring to achieve the same color effect.
- Fresh orange juice - While fresh orange juice is preferred, you can use store-bought orange juice if that’s all you have on hand. You can also substitute orange juice with other citrus juices like lemon or lime juice for a different flavor profile.
📖 Shake Things Up With These Creative Variations of The Alice
Want to easily customize this cocktail with different flavors? I’ve got you covered! Here are some ideas to inspire you just keep in mind that adding different fruits like strawberries will change the color of the cocktail:
- The Strawberry Alice: Add fresh or frozen strawberries to the blender when making the white layer for a fruity twist. You can also substitute the orange juice in the blue layer with strawberry juice or puree.
- The Pineapple Alice: Add pineapple juice or puree to the white layer for a tropical flavor. You can also add coconut cream instead of coconut milk and almond milk to the blue layer for a pina colada-inspired cocktail. Just know that coconut cream is extremely high in carbohydrates if you need to watch your blood sugar like me.
- The Lavender Alice: Infuse the white layer with lavender simple syrup for a fragrant and calming cocktail. You can also garnish with a sprig of fresh lavender or edible flowers.
🥂 Get Your Home Bar Ready With This Equipment List
- Blender: to mix all the ingredients together smoothly. If you don't have a blender, you can use a shaker and strain the mixture over ice.
- Measuring cups and spoons: to measure the precise amount of each ingredient for the perfect balance of flavors. If you don't have measuring cups, you can use a shot glass or a regular cup and adjust the amounts accordingly.
- Mushroom Cocktail Glasses: to showcase the beautiful layers of the cocktail. If you don't have mushroom glasses, you can use any glass you have at home.
- Ice cubes: to make the drink chilled and refreshing. If you don't have ice cubes, you can use crushed ice or frozen fruit.
💭 Top tip
Use the right cocktail glass. If you want to create the white and blue layers for this drink I would suggest investing in these adorable mushroom-shaped cocktail glasses. If you use a regular glass and pour straight down on the white layer it will mix together and not create the layers properly without some sort of buffer. Although, if you’re not worried about aesthetics you can blend all the ingredients together at once and just enjoy it for the delicious cocktail that it is!
Coconut cream and canned coconut milk are not the same, but they are related. Coconut milk is made by combining grated coconut meat with water and then straining it, while coconut cream is made from the thicker, more concentrated part of the coconut milk. Coconut cream is usually richer and thicker than coconut milk, and it's often used in desserts, sauces, and curries. However, some canned coconut milk can contain a higher percentage of coconut cream, which can be used in place of pure coconut cream.
In the book "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland," the color of the "Drink Me" potion is not explicitly described. However, in the Disney animated adaptation of the story, the potion is portrayed as a bright and vibrant blue color.
🍄 Enjoy the Wonder and Magic of Alice in Wonderland with This Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail
This drink is not just a blend of flavors and textures, it’s a tribute to the creativity and imagination that Alice in Wonderland inspires in all of us.
I hope this recipe inspires you to indulge in a little bit of magic.
And remember, whether you’re enjoying The Alice with friends or sipping it solo, sometimes it’s important to embrace our inner child and savor life’s simple pleasures.
What do you think? Should I make more Disney inspired cocktail recipes? Let me know in the comments section what you want to see next!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with The Alice - Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail:
The Alice - Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail
- Measuring Cups
- Cutting Board
- Citrus juicer
For White Layer:
- 1 oz. Coconut Rum
- 1 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 2 oz. Coconut Milk
- 2 oz. Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Ice
For Blue Layer:
- 1 oz. Blue Curacao
- 1 oz. Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Mint Sprig
- Add coconut rum, vanilla vodka, coconut milk, almond milk, and ice to a blender.
- Blend all the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into your glass about halfway.
- In the same blender, add blue curacao and fresh orange juice to the remaining white layer mixture.
- Pulse for a few seconds until the mixture is combined.
- Slowly pour the blue layer on top of the white layer from one side of your glass to avoid mixing up the layers too much.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Enjoy your Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail inspired by Alice in Wonderland!
Making this recipe? Please tag me on Instagram @natashasfoodadventures so I can see your creations! I love getting to know you guys and can’t wait to see which recipe you will make next.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water before handling any food or ingredients.
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients to reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses.
- Keep all perishable ingredients refrigerated until ready to use.
- Use a clean blender and utensils when making the cocktail.
- If serving the cocktail at a party, make sure to keep it chilled in a punch bowl or ice bucket to prevent bacteria growth.
- Discard any leftover cocktail that has been sitting at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Leave a Reply