The days are finally getting warmer as Spring is in full swing. That means it’s the perfect time to start incorporating more salads into your dinner and lunch rotation. I don’t know about you, but when it gets hot out, the last thing I want to be doing is sitting in front of a hot stove for 30 minutes.
Thankfully delicious salads like this are easy to make and if you want to grill or bake the chicken to go on top it doesn’t require too much time. For all of the fresh fruits and veggies I stopped by my favorite local produce market San Diego Farmer’s Outlet. If you live in the San Diego area this place is a must visit! I go here several times a month to stock up on so many things. Not only do they carry reasonably priced produce but they also have unique items you won’t find many other places.
For example I found this Pomegranate Molasses that I used to create the Balsamic Dressing for this salad. I love finding new ingredients that I can use to change things up in my recipes. Part of the fun of cooking and creating recipes for my blog is the creativity I get to have with my food! I encourage you to find one unique ingredient the next time you go shopping to try out in a recipe. Then you will see how fun it can be to experiment with your food!
Fresh Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad With Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing
Time: 30 Minutes Start To Finish
(Everything is from San Diego Farmer’s Outlet, except the chicken.)
1 Small Container - Josie’s Organics Spring Mix
Handful of Fresh Strawberries
6 Dried Figs
Handful of Walnuts
Handful of Fresh Mint Leaves
2 Chicken Tenders
Olive Oil for Marinade
For The Dressing:
4 tsp. Pomegranate Molasses
⅛ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While the oven heats up marinate your chicken tenders in a ziploc bag with 2 tbs olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the oven is preheated place the chicken tenders on a foil lined baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 20 minutes. Check on the chicken and if it’s not cooked all the way through cook for at least 5 more minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven start prepping the dressing. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl or a dressing container if you have one. This is the one I use. Set aside.
- Next, make sure to rinse and prep the rest of the salad ingredients. At this point you can start arranging everything on your plates.
- When the chicken is done in the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
- Place the chicken on top of the salad and sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles. Drizzle with your pomegranate balsamic and enjoy!
This recipe was created in partnership with the San Diego Farmer’s Outlet.
Leave a Reply