Easy Fruity Pebbles Cereal Treat Bars That Don’t Require Baking
This recipe for Fruity Pebbles Treats is super easy to make and requires no baking. They're topped with a drizzle of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Vanilla and stuffed with extra marshmallows for a fun twist on this nostalgic childhood treat. If you're a fan of traditional Rice Krispies it’s time to branch out and try this fruity twist. These might be your new favorite treat!
Fruity Pebbles were always one of my childhood favorite cereals growing up, so I couldn't resist making this colorful treat for the blog. They make a fun after-school snack if you have older children, and are perfect for bake sales, birthday parties, or in my case, my husband requested them. Clearly a classic treat for kids of all ages.
What's the Best Kind of Marshmallow To Use?
Personally, I prefer to use mini marshmallows for these bars. They melt faster and more evenly, plus they make a great addition at the end for what I think is the best part...extra marshmallows that aren't melted! Give me all the marshmallows, please!
Can I Use Different Types Of Cereal?
Absolutely! You could try Honey Nut Cheerios, Cocoa Pebbles, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Plain Rice Krispies, or even Lucky Charms. It can be fun to change things up a bit or grab what's on sale at the grocery store and have fun experimenting. Keep in mind that the cereal you choose can also give you a thick or thinner bar. For example, Lucky Charms has larger cereal pieces so you might end up with thick bars.
Are Fruity Pebbles Vegan?
Surprisingly yes! Not exactly on purpose but they are in fact, vegan friendly. However, traditional marshmallows are not so if you plan on making a vegan version you will want to make sure you use vegan marshmallows. Of course, you can use vegan butter as well and you should be good to go! I personally haven't tested this crispy treats recipe as vegan so it might not turn out exactly like mine. But I can imagine they would still be a fun treat and taste great.
I hope you love this easy dessert recipe. Don't forget to enjoy it with a glass of cold milk for a great way to treat yourself!
Fruity Pebbles Crispy Cereal Treat Bars - Easy No Bake Recipe
- Large Glass Dish
- Cooking Spray
- Large Saucepan
- Parchment Paper
- Small Bowl
- Small Spoon
- 5 cups Mini Marshmallows +2 Cups to Add at the End
- 7 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- ¼ cup Salted Butter
- 1 cup Ghirardelli White Vanilla Wafers
- Spray a glass pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add in the marshmallows and stir with a buttered spatula until melted. Remove the marshmallow mixture from heat and stir in the cups of Fruity Pebbles and additional marshmallows.
- Once combined thoroughly pour the cereal mixture into your prepared dish. Press mixture down lightly with parchment paper to distribute in an even layer.
- Let cool to room temperature before cutting into bars or squares. Cover your fruity pebble treats with plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container to preserve freshness.
- Optional: If making the white vanilla sauce, you can do it quickly in the microwave using the Ghirardelli wafers. Just start with 30 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl on the defrost setting. Then give them a stir and continue to heat in additional 15-second intervals until fully melted. Use a small spoon to Drizzle with White Vanilla Chocolate Sauce. Cool in the fridge for 10 minutes to solidify. Enjoy!
Making this recipe? Please tag me on Instagram @natashasfoodadventures so I can see your creations!