Hang onto those summer vibes with this instantly refreshing Iced Guava Passionfruit Drink. This tropical iced drink is a copycat recipe of the famous Starbucks beverage that has recently been discontinued. From the first sip, the notes of passionfruit and tropical fruit flavors will cool you down making it an instant refresher for summer.
Ingredients You'll Need
If you're wondering how difficult it is to find all the ingredients to make this Starbucks Iced Guava Passionfruit Drink, I have some great news! It wasn't hard at all. I surprisingly found everything I needed at my local grocery store without needing to make multiple trips. Here is what you will want to pick up to make this tropical paradise in a glass:
- Guava Nectar - I purchased the Kern's brand and found it in the refrigerated Juice Section! They also carry it in the Hispanic foods section if you're having trouble finding it. Goya Guava Nectar is another brand you might try.
- Coconut Milk - The creaminess of this drink is what really wins me over. Coconut milk is a must! I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk. You can find this in the refrigerator section of your grocery store near the other milk alternatives. It's low carb and has no added sugars.
- Passion Fruit Juice - This was also in the refrigerated juice section at my local grocery store. The brand I purchased was Welch's.
- Pineapple Juice - You'll need this to make the pineapple ginger simple syrup. I used the Dole 100% fresh pineapple juice.
- Minced Ginger - I used minced instead of fresh ginger for this drink. You will need this for the simple syrup as well.
- Monkfruit Sweetener - If you want to have a little less sugar content in your Starbucks drink, this is what I always use. It's a 1:1 substitute for white sugar. Works great for making simple syrup!
Homemade Pineapple Ginger Syrup
The process for making your own homemade pineapple ginger syrup is super easy! But to break things down for you I posted it as a separate recipe because you can honestly use it for so many other things. The full details can be found here: How To Make Pineapple Ginger Syrup
How To Make An Iced Guava Passionfruit Drink
This creamy drink is super simple to make. You will want to start by making the pineapple ginger syrup first since it needs time to cool down.
Once that's done you can add all of your ingredients to a mason jar with a lid or cocktail shaker. Mix it up with some ice to make it extra cold.
Pour over ice cubes into a tall glass. Then garnish with a few pineapple leaves and a wedge of fresh pineapple. It's the perfect afternoon treat on a hot day!
If you run into a few problems when trying to shop for the ingredients, don't worry! Here are some possible substitutions you can try. It might not be exactly the same as the Starbucks version but I'm sure this fruity refresher will still taste amazing.
- Guava Nectar Substitutions: You can still incorporate the flavors of guava with a guava juice concentrate. I prefer the nectar because I found it to complement this creamy beverage perfectly but I'm sure regular guava juice is just as delicious.
- Coconut Milk Substitutions: If you're not able to find the So Delicious or a different brand in the refrigerator section, you can also try canned coconut milk. This is what really gives this drink the creamy consistency so don't skip the coconut milk! If you're allergic to coconut milk you could also try creamy oat milk.
- Passion Fruit Juice Substitutions: Can't find passion fruit juice? You can try a few different options that will still keep the tropical drink vibes alive. There is pomegranate juice, lime juice, mango juice, or maybe even passion fruit syrup! If you're using the syrup I would reduce the amount from this recipe mentioned for the juice because it will be much stronger. Make up for the reduction in liquid by using water.
- Pineapple Juice: Substituting pineapple juice is super easy. If you don't have any fresh pineapples to juice yourself, you can buy frozen pineapple and let it thaw a bit before blending. Make sure they are small pineapple chunks so it blends well.
- Minced Ginger: Fresh ginger is a perfectly acceptable substitute here! Just see the notes on the recipe for making the Pineapple Ginger Syrup if this is what you plan to use. You could also use ginger juice if that's easier for you. Just be mindful if you try to use ginger ale. If you shake it up with the rest of the ingredients it will fizz over. I would avoid carbonated ginger drinks for this recipe.
- Monkfruit Sweetener: If you don't like monk fruit, you could use another sugar substitute like stevia to keep down on the total grams of sugar. Otherwise, good old fashion white sugar works great as well. It's a 1:1 substitute.
Storing It For Later
You can make a large batch for a group and save it for later. You will just want to duplicate the recipe for however many people you plan on serving.
Keep it in an airtight jug or large pitcher with a lid for up to 48 hours in the fridge. Just know that separation will occur very quickly with the coconut milk. I would advise shaking it up again before serving.
Does this drink have caffeine?
There are no coffee or caffeine-related ingredients in the Guava Passionfruit Drink from Starbucks. This recipe does not include any caffeine either.
How many calories are there?
In the original Starbucks Guava Passionfruit Drink, there were 190 calories for a 16 oz. serving. This version has about 130 calories since I used unsweetened coconut milk and monk fruit sweetener to keep the carbs a bit lower.
- Cocktail Shaker or Mason Jar
- Tall Glass
- Measuring Cup
- Small Measuring Cup
- Knife & Cutting Board for Optional Garnish Prep
Guava Passionfruit Drink (Starbucks Copycat Recipe)
- ½ cup Guava Nectar
- ⅓ cup Passion Fruit Juice
- 2 tablespoon Pineapple Ginger Syrup
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 Pineapple Leaves
- 1 Pineapple Wedge
- Prepare the Pineapple Ginger Syrup according to the recipe instructions. (See Notes)
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar with a lid, pour all of the ingredients over ice. Give it a good shake until combined.
- Pour over ice into a tall glass. Garnish with pineapple leaves and a pineapple wedge if you're feeling fancy. Drink and enjoy!
Making this recipe? Please tag me on Instagram @natashasfoodadventures so I can see your creations! I love getting to know you guys and can’t wait to see which recipe you will make next.
Other Refreshing Drink Recipes You Might Enjoy:
FRESH SKINNY SPICY MARGARITA RECIPE
Leave a Reply