With this recipe I decided to pay tribute to a classic by putting a new spin on it. If your go-to pizza is often pepperoni then you have got to try this Pepperoni, Burrata and Basil Pizza recipe. Now, I’m not sure if you’ve hopped on the burrata cheese bandwagon yet, but trust me, it’s the perfect pizza cheese. It’s like mozzarella but with a super creamy filling.
Also, you might have noticed some other toppings made it to the party. One of them is this amazing white truffle oil I picked up from Williams Sonoma. A little bit can go a long way and it’s an excellent compliment for dipping your crust in. If you want to kick things up a notch you can also toss on some shredded parmigiano reggiano, red pepper flakes, and fresh oregano leaves after baking for a delicious artisan pizza experience!
Pepperoni, Burrata and Basil Pizza
1 Serving of my Fresh Pizza Dough
⅓ Cup of my Ultimate Homemade Pizza Sauce
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 ½ to 2 Cups of Burrata Cheese (Torn)
Pepperoni Slices (About 12)
Fresh Basil ( About 6 Leaves Torn)
Fresh Oregano ( About 12 Leaves Removed From Stem)
1 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
White Truffle Oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, place your fresh dough on a cookie sheet and drizzle it with your olive oil. Use a basting brush to spread it evenly across the whole pizza.
- Next, use that same brush to spread your pizza sauce evenly across the dough leaving extra room around the edges for crust.
- Next add your torn burrata cheese and pepperoni slices. Place in the oven for about 13 minutes.
- Carefully take the pizza out of the oven and top with the fresh basil and oregano. Place back in the oven for one more minute.
- Once the pizza is ready take it out of the oven and let it sit for about 2 minutes before slicing and serving. Finish it off with any of the garnishes you have on hand and enjoy!
I’m really happy that you are trying out my Pepperoni, Burrata and Basil Pizza Recipe. Would love to see how it turns out for you! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @natashasfoodadventures or use my hashtag #natashasfoodadventures.
Leave a Reply