Sweet & Spicy Salmon Tacos With Mango Salsa
This recipe for Salmon Tacos With Mango Salsa has the perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavors. Since you bake the salmon in the oven it's a quick and easy weeknight meal that tastes and looks amazing!
How To Make Salmon Tacos In The Oven
Part of what makes this recipe so easy is the ability to make it in the oven. Cover a cookie sheet with foil to make cleanup easy too! Salmon cooks quickly in the oven so you can have dinner done and on the table in less than 30 minutes. For me that’s a big win because I’m often exhausted after a long day at work. Be sure to check your salmon to make sure it’s cooked properly. Some pieces of salmon are thicker than others so cook time can vary. You will want to test if it’s done by seeing if it flakes easily with a fork and is slightly translucent pink in the middle.
What To Put On Salmon Tacos
There are so many different ways to prepare salmon. It really is a versatile fish! I love adding this mango salsa on top because it adds an extra element of sweet and spicy thanks to the addition of some diced jalapeño. Throw in some avocado as well for a creamy element that ties this zesty salsa together. Don’t forget the fresh lime zest! If mango isn’t your jam, you could also substitute it for pineapple which would also taste amazing.
What Goes With Salmon Tacos
Salmon Tacos go great with a variety of side dishes and cocktails! Personally I love to pair them with an ice cold Michelada or Chelada. If you’re looking for a side dish to compliment these fish tacos I would also recommend rice, beans or even some grilled veggies to keep it light and healthy. For the tortillas I went with flour but they would be just as delicious with corn.
Salmon Tacos With Mango Salsa
Time: 30 Minutes
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
1 ½ Cups Diced Mango
1 Large Avocado Diced
1 Jalapeno Minced
¼ Cup Red Onion Diced
¼ Cup Cilantro Minced
1 Lime for Zest & Juice
Kosher Salt To Taste
1 to 2 lbs. Fresh Salmon
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Honey
2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 tsp. Onion Powder
2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and spray with pan spray. While the oven is preheating, prepare the paste to coat your salmon with. Use a small bowl to combine the olive oil, honey, brown sugar and other seasonings.
- When everything is combined creating a sticky paste, lay the salmon (skin down if it has skin) on your baking sheet. Spoon the paste onto the salmon and then use your fingers to spread it out so it coats the top of the salmon evenly.
- Once it’s been coated properly, place it in the oven for about 10-12 minutes. After the initial time is up, set your oven to broil and leave in there for another 2 minutes to crisp the top layer.
- While the salmon cooks, it’s the perfect time to prepare your mango salsa. Use a medium sized bowl to combine all of the ingredients except the lime and salt. I add the lime zest on top at the end along with the lime juice. Sprinkle the kosher salt on top to taste.
- Don’t forget to warm your tortillas! You can do this part however you like. I use a comal to toast mine! Just heat your comal over medium heat and flip the tortillas as soon as you start to see bubbles of air forming. They should be golden brown on both sides.
- When the salmon is done cooking pull it out to let it rest for a minute or two before shredding into large chunks with a fork. Be careful of any bones you might discover and remove them.
- Place the salmon in the warmed tortillas, top with the mango salsa and serve! You can add a wedge of lime for squeezing on top if you like as well.
Making this recipe? Don’t forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @natashasfoodadventures!