Do you have a favorite meal of the day? Mine just happens to be breakfast. Just ask Jarod, he knows full well that if I don’t have breakfast before any other meal of the day, the hanger is real. Some days it’s unavoidable and breakfast is a quick bowl of oatmeal or a yogurt cup to go just to make sure I’m eating something. But on the days that I don’t hit the snooze button 10 times and I wake up when I’m supposed to, this Simple Egg And Avocado Breakfast Toast right here is my main go to.
Not only is it super easy, but it totally fills me up without making me feel gross afterwards. This usually takes me no more than 10 minutes tops to make in the morning. I start by putting the bread in the toaster. I don’t toast it right away, but I like to have it at the ready so I can time it just right for maximum freshness.
Next I make the mashed avocado. Some days I skip the mashing step if I’m short on time, it’s optional, but that’s the beauty of this recipe. Totally customizable based on your mood or time constraints. For example, some days I’ll scramble the eggs instead of frying them because it’s much faster.
I feel like everyone should have one of these quick and easy breakfast recipes in their arsenal at all times. It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients either! Only have toast and eggs? Leave out the avocado. Don’t eat dairy? Then bye bye goat cheese! See! So easy! But the reality is you don't have to pay a restaurant $15 to enjoy some delicious avocado breakfast toast at home.
Now go forth and treat yourself to the breakfast you know you deserve.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 Eggs (Fried, Scrambled, Over Easy...the choice is yours and yours alone!)
- ½ Avocado
- 2 Slices of Multigrain Bread
- Juice of ¼ Lemon
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Goat Cheese (¼ Cup)
- 2 Slices Of Heirloom Tomato
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Prepare The Avocado Mash. Cut an avocado in half and save the rest for another meal. Place in a small bowl. Squeeze juice of ¼ lemon all over avocado. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Mash with a large fork until creamy but still a little chunky. Set aside.
- Slice 2 pieces of a large heirloom tomato about a quarter inch thick. Set aside.
- Prepare the eggs! If you are making them fried like I’ve pictured here, you will want to crack an egg into a small bowl. Preheat a small non-stick skillet to medium low. After about one minute carefully slide the egg from the bowl into the skillet.
- While the eggs are cooking toast your bread! I just use a simple toaster.
- Check on your eggs. Once they are looking crispy around the edges sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then use a spatula to flip them over gently. If you want some runny yolk to remain don’t cook for much longer. I usually cook them for about another minute, sometimes longer.
- While the eggs finish cooking prep the toast. Start by spreading the avocado mash. Then sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese (or any cheese of your choice). You can either add the tomato slice now too or wait and put it on top of your egg.
- Once the eggs are done cooking place them right on top of the prepared toast. Enjoy!
I’m thrilled that you’re trying one of my recipes for yourself. If you enjoy it please share a picture on Instagram and tag me @natashasfoodadventures so I can see it! XOXO