How To Make S’mores Pancakes At Home
This recipe for S’mores Pancakes is guaranteed to be a breakfast treat the whole family will love. It’s fun for kids and the adults can enjoy the added bonus of Nudge coffee spread for a little pick me up. When it comes to breakfast time I’m always looking for fun ways to change up my favorite staples. Pancakes are a favorite and depending on what you have at home you can make them so many different ways!
How To Melt The Marshmallows
My husband gifted me with a culinary torch over the holidays and I had yet to test it out. These S’mores Pancakes seemed like the perfect excuse to break it out! I know what you’re thinking….”Natasha, I don’t have a culinary torch.” I totally get it! Not everyone wants to run out and buy a torch just to make s’mores at home. But I’m going to use this tool for lots of other recipes in the future, so it’s a nice thing for me to have.
If you don’t have one, or want one, you can substitute the mini marshmallows for marshmallow fluff and it will work well too. It just won’t have that tasty toasted crispiness that S’mores are known for.
Making The Graham Cracker Pancakes
This is another important step in the S’mores Pancake process. Wanting to make sure that this recipe tasted like the real deal, I knew I had to incorporate graham crackers into the pancake mix. It’s super easy to do. All you need is a food processor or blender to get the graham crackers into a fine powder that will incorporate well into your batter. If there are a few larger chunks, that’s ok too. They add a nice little crunch to the pancakes. But you definitely don’t want a ton of them.
Nudge Coffee Spread
I was recently gifted with a kit of different coffee butter from Nudge. They’re just like Nutella, but made completely out of coffee. If you’re a coffee fanatic like me then you will love this stuff. If you’re like my husband and don’t need coffee to function, you can use whatever spread you like in its place. I would recommend Nutella, or even peanut butter!
How To Store Unused Pancakes
After you’re done enjoying your pancakes, you might have some left over. If you want to keep them for later, they store well in the freezer. I recommend letting them cool completely, stacking them on top of each other with a piece of parchment paper between each one, and putting in a ziploc bag. They should keep well in your freezer for up to two months.
Kitchen Equipment Used:
S’mores Pancakes Recipe
- Food Processor
- Mixing Bowl
- Pancake Spatula
- Culinary Torch
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Graham Cracker Flour
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mini Marshmallows
- Graham Cracker Crumbs & Chunks
- Hershey's Syrup
- Small Hershey Bars
- Nudge Coffee Butter
- Using your food processor, grind up several graham crackers. It should make at least 1/2 cup. Make sure the graham crackers are ground up into a flour like consistency with minimal chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, graham cracker flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Then slowly add the buttermilk, milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Be sure to whisk as you add each ingredient. The batter should be smooth.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Using a griddle over medium heat, put a small amount of butter. Just enough to coat the bottom of the griddle. Then pour about 1/3 cup of the batter for each pancake.
- When the pancake starts to have small bubbles along the edges, it's time to flip! Then wait about a minute for the other side to bake. Your pancake should be golden brown on both sides.
- If making them in batches, turn your oven on to the warm setting (or 200 degrees). Place the finished pancakes on an oven safe plate so they stay warm in the oven while you make the rest of the pancakes.
- When ready to serve, spread nudge coffee butter between two pancakes. Drizzle with Hershey's chocolate syrup. Top with mini marshmallows. Torch the marshmallows for a few seconds. They will torch quickly! Then top with graham cracker crumbs and Hershey chocolate.
Making this recipe? Please tag me on Instagram @natashasfoodadventures so I can see your creations!
Other Pancake Recipes You Might Like:
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something I might make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!