How To Make A Sweet & Savory Cheeseboard
Do you find it difficult to choose between sweet or savory snacks? Then this Ultimate Sweet & Savory Cheeseboard is perfect for you. It combines sweet treats like Koru Apples, Caramel Apple Bitchin’ Sauce, and fresh Strawberries with savory snacks like prosciutto stuffed peppers, peppered salami and hatch chile cashews.
Such a tasty variety and I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that my husband and I ate this for dinner. I have no regrets about this decision. It gets warm here in San Diego this time of year. Anytime I don’t have to turn on my oven is a win. Pair it with your favorite bottle of wine and you have yourself a full meal in my book.
What are the best cheeses for a charcuterie board?
A rule I typically follow is choosing three different cheeses to feature on my charcuterie boards. I love goat cheese, brie, cheddar, gouda, and humboldt fog. The list could go on forever! The goal should be to have a variety represented that pair well with the other items on your board.
For example, the cracked peppercorn cheddar on this board paired perfectly with the prosciutto. The prosciutto also tasted excellent with the blueberry goat cheese. However the cracked peppercorn cheddar might not taste as great when paired with the strawberries. Before choosing a cheese, try to list out the other ingredients you want to include on your board so you can pick complimentary items.
What fruit do you put on a cheese platter?
Pick a fruit you like and use that as the centerpiece! For this particular board I was sent a box of Koru apples from Starr Ranch Growers. I wanted to have plenty of other ingredients that could showcase this fruit. That’s why I chose the cheddar cheese, salted caramel sauce and chocolates. They all work together perfectly. But provide different flavor profiles.
Kitchen Tools Used:
Mini Dip Cups
Ultimate Sweet & Savory Cheeseboard
- Cheese Platter
- Mini Dip Cups
- Cheese Knives
- Koru Apples
- Fresh Mint
- Milk Chocolate Caramels
- Salted Caramel Sweet Bitchin’ Sauce
- Chipotle Bitchin’ Sauce
- Columbus Peppered Salami
- Green Peppers Stuffed With Prosciutto & Provolone
- Montchevre Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese
- Cabot Cracked Peppercorn Cheddar Cheese
- Cabot Cracker Cuts Cheddar Cheese
- Valley Lahvosh Star Crackers
- Blue Diamond Artisan Sesame Seed Crackers
- Start by washing your fruits. Slice up the apples. You can also slice up the strawberries if you like, however, I left them whole.
- Slice up any cheese and meat that’s not already pre sliced with the exception of the goat cheese.
- Arrange the items on your board starting with the dips, cheese and then the other items. There are no rules here. Just have fun! Garnish with the mint sprigs at the end for a beautiful finishing touch.
Making this recipe? Please tag me on Instagram @natashasfoodadventures so I can see your creations!
Other Cheesboards You Can Make At Home:
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something I might make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!